I was sitting in meditation and apparently this was on my mind and I heard my own advise that I give to my health coaching clients and in my yoga classes, Start where you are! Finally it just clicked in my head. Start today, right where you are and be in the moment.
This was a great lesson on wanting things to be perfect before you put it out there...Really? It's a blog and all the things I love, that's it, no more, no less.
I hope you enjoy, leave comments and come back and visit me often.
Tonight I am teaching a Self Care & Yoga workshop at Unwind Yoga from 6-8 p.m. It will include an all levels warm flow, an extra long savanna, this delicious soup and an open conversation about how we can eat better, reduce stress and reclaim our joy and passion for life.
By the way, I love soup!
Recipe by: Karen Raye
yield: 6 SERVINGS
cook time: 8 HOURS
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed well in cool water
- 3 cups cooked black beans (about 2 [15-ounce] cans, drained)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 (14-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced*
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Additional salt and pepper to taste